From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] /lib/ does not belong to any package?
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 03:16:50
On Sunday 18 March 2012 14:53:44 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> What bugs me is that one can generally use /usr/$CTARGET as your root fs on > your favourite embedded target. Doing so will loose as there > isn't one installed. Having to install gcc into /usr/$CTARGET just to get > libgcc_s is a bit much.
why does this actually matter ? as noted, this hack is merely there to support a split /usr setup. if you're using /usr/$CTARGET as your rootfs, then you aren't going to have a split /usr, and thus the lib copy is unnecessary.
> Also, would it not be better if glibc showed up in > export ROOT=/usr/${CTARGET} PKGDIR=${PORTDIR}/pkgs/${CTARGET}/pkgs > quickpkg `qlist -IC` instead of > export ROOT=/ PKGDIR=${PORTDIR}/pkgs/${CTARGET}/cross-tools quickpkg > `qlist -IC cross-${CTARGET}` ?
no. cross-${CTARGET}/glibc is a cross-compiler glibc, not a native one. yes, you can run it through a script to move things around so that it'd basically have the same install as a native glibc, but the existing one is not. it might be useful to have crossdev automatically inject glibc into package.provided for /usr/$CTARGET since attempting to install a native one in there will hit conflicts. -mike

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] /lib/ does not belong to any package? Joakim Tjernlund <joakim.tjernlund@×××××××××.se>