From: Chuck Robey <chuckr@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] lib loss disaster
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 21:14:47
1 I just finished recovering from a disaster, and I would relly appreciate
2 any guesses (or just beter knowledge?) about the possible source of my
3 disaster. The main symptom was that a large fraction of my executeables
4 just stopped working, all claiming to be missing libstdc++. I tried
5 emerging gcc again, and even tried to bring back an older one (from
6 gcc-4.0.3) but that didn't work, and the only libstdc++ package didn't
7 seem to fix it either. I finally mounted a memory image off the livecd,
8 and copied all the libstdc++ files (and made the various linkks, until
9 ldconfig seemed pleased with me, and all my apps started to work again.
10
11 My guess here is that some emerge package did this, perhaps one of the
12 recent java things I installed, because I had interrupted the
13 installation once of twice while things were ongoing, as I figured
14 things out. Anyone have any better notions how I managed this?
15
16 Thanks
17 --
18 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list