From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Licence compliance - capturing all source files used to make a build?
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:09:51
1 Hey,
2
3 Ed W wrote:
4 >> I wouldn't have mentioned an IP lawyer at all had it not been for the
5 >> fact that I know that you are in the US. :)
6 >
7 > I'm in the UK
8
9 Ha! Awesome. :) Sorry, must have mixed you up then!
12 >> I use catalyst, and I control what gets deployed with custom ebuilds
13 >> and snapshots. The fewer packages in the final system the better;
14 >> less stuff to track.
15 >
16 > Whilst I guess it should be possible to tear apart catalyst and find out
17 > how they do it, does anyone happen to know or have a heads up on the code
18 > for catalyst?
19
20 The catalyst code has no part in this, but it takes a portage snapshot
21 as one of it's inputs, and if you maintain a custom snapshot (with
22 only packages you need) then you know what gets used.
25 > It must be a solved problem so I should think others have solved
26 > this in various ways?
27
28 I'm not sure it is a solved problem. If you want a different solution
29 than basically maintaining your own portage snapshot then the easiest
30 way to track patches is (third time now) to add bookkeeping in the
31 epatch function.
34 //Peter