From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Heads up. Uclibc NPTL works! (at least on x86)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 18:09:52
1 Just a quick heads up, but uClibc master has NPTL support for some
2 architectures in it. I just pulled git and gave it a quick test on x86
3 and it's by far the best uClibc yet! Very solid and apparently best
4 support yet for hardened (my pax 2.2 issues melted away)
5
6 The uclibc profile currently hard masks the nptl USE flag, so you need
7 to remove that to build a GCC with nptl support and from there a uclibc
8 with nptl. (I'm not actually sure what is the syntax to unmask a masked
9 use flag in a profile? Any suggestions?)
10
11 I created a temporary ebuild by bumping the current ebuild, removing the
12 patch variables and setting the source URI to some specific commit
13 download (git will generate a tarball for you of a specific commit, so
14 you just point at that)
15
16 Apart from fixing gcc, switching my buildroot to uclibc + nptl was
17 mostly painless.
18
19 Ed W