From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] busybox + python questions
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 02:31:19
1 On Wednesday 09 August 2006 21:05, Philippe Clérié wrote:
2 > I was hoping to do the web interface with python. I knew there was going to
3 > be a penalty, I hadn't expected it to be so bad. I would like to stay under
4 > 16MB for the root ramdisk, but it looks like it's damn near impossible with
5 > python.
6
7 the .pyc files are for cache only afaik ... but they help performance greatly
8
9 maybe see about slimming down python itself ... it has a lot of optional
10 plugins
11 -mike