From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] uClibc/Gentoo/buildroot
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:37:15
1 For those of us that like coding more than talking I suggest we take a
2 serious look at Rob McMullen "uClibc with Gentoo Linux" site at
3 http://www.geocities.com/robm351/uclibc/
4
5 uClibc's buildroot might be the ideal place for us to start at.
6 One of things that I think were going to have to accept early on before
7 fully diving into embedded profiles support is that we are going to be
8 needing to lock exact versions of packages into profiles much more so
9 than default-x86-1.4.
10
11 From the pure amount of fundamental changes that are going to be needed
12 in portage I also suggest that somebody from the dev-portage herd join
13 the embedded herd or vice versa to help facilitate faster portage
14 commits in directory's such as /home/cvsroot/gentoo-src/portage/bin
15 which currently seem to take about 30 or more days from when something
16 is reported.
19 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
20 Gentoo Linux Developer