From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: Jude Pereira <judepereira@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] stages for x86 uclibc
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 12:57:47
On 01/09/2011 04:27, Jude Pereira wrote:
> Hey Ed, > I bumped the ebuild to the snapshot of 20110831 last evening, I've > successfully compiled it, but then python goes crazy. > > It says that it cant find, but it is actually in the correct > lib dir. I'm going to look into this even more now. >
Hi, uclibc can break if you don't do a binary compatible upgrade. Because it's so configurable, it's much easier to break it if you accidently change something in the config which has big implications. For example I think it proved very difficult to switch uclibc from non hardened to hardened because it breaks before you can re-install? Additionally, I forget the details now, but I think this bug hit some people before - not sure if it's properly resolved in current uclibc either? It's not something I recall running into though, so possibly a config change has caused / will rectify things? Ed W