From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] frontend needed to make Gentoo/embedded a viability
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 02:12:18
1 On Saturday 12 August 2006 20:13, Kevin Winter wrote:
2 > I think thats an excellent idea. The current approach seems to use
3 > ROOT= in order to install packages. I really like the idea of a
4 > gentoo version of uclibc and such, almost like the linux kernel.
5
6 the idea is that the backend would still do this with emerge via ROOT and what
7 not, users would just not have to do every package by hand
8
9 think what crossdev does for cross-compilers ... it simply emerges the
10 packages with the proper env vars set
11 -mike