From: Karl Hiramoto <karl@××××××××.org>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] epatch fails on armeb target
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 17:39:45
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Saturday 23 June 2007, Karl Hiramoto wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm hoping someone here can help me debug this. On my target, to avoid
5 >> some of the problems with cross compiling a few packages from i686 to
6 >> armeb-softfloat-linux-uclibc, i decided to install python, portage, gcc
7 >> and the utilities to compile natively.
8 >>
9 >> Many packages now compile, however if a ebuild has a patch epatch
10 >> almost always fails.
13 > this is a bash cross-compiling problem ... it uses the signal list from the
14 > build host in the target binary which screws up when building on i686/x86_64
15 > and running on like arm
16 >
17 > to fix, build bash on the arm system and then things should start magically
18 > working
19 > -mike
22 Thank mike, rebuilding bash on the target fixed the issue. Strange
23 how i could login and use bash as my shell, everything seemed OK, but i
24 guess not.
25 Happen to know if there are a lot of other packages with that signal
26 list issue? My target CPU is only 266 mhz arm so of course when i
27 can, i try and cross compile on the faster i686.
28
29 Thanks
30 --
31 Karl