From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps.m@×××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Some comments on uclibc-buildroot ebuild
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 14:30:02
1 Hello!
2
3 1. the pie-option patch enforces COMPLETELY_PIC (because it is unsettable
4 from .config), both occurences can be removed
5 2. use etdyn should change to use pie, and it is mandatory due to the fact
6 that if PROFILING is active, libc has text relocations, and won't work
7 with the current settings (FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS). The other way
8 would be to remove COMPLETELY_PIC as requirement from
9 FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS (it is unused in the sources, I have
10 alreaddy proposed it to the uclibc devs), than
11 FORCE_SHAREABLE_TEXT_SEGMENTS can be set through .config (and the
12 pie-option patch has to be slightly modified)
13 the PROFILING option could also be moved to use debug.
14 3. the DOWNLOAD_LOCALE_PREGENERATED_DATA it first set to no (this is OK),
15 after that changed. If you copy the tarball to extra/locale dir, than it
16 is not needed to be downloaded, so I propose to leave it unset, and use it
17 for x86. If you do not use the pregenerated data, then I had problems
18 building them within an rpm-build. It works though from the commandline. I
19 think, the background processing through rpm (this could influence gentoo
20 building too) is somehow the problem and it segfaults.
21 4. if you want to build your own data, then LOCALES has to be copied to
22 locales.txt
23 5. if you unset UCLIBC_HAS_LOCALE, then all the other related options are
24 unset (XLOCALE, etc)
25 6. the pie-option patch is applied again in src_compile
26
27 See attached diff to show what I have all meant.
28
29 Peter
32 Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net> ID: 0xA5F059F2
33 Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2
34
36 Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a FreeStarttol.
37 Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu

uc-broot.patch text/plain