From: KIMURA Masaru / hiyuh <kimura@××××××××××××.jp>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] new ARM920T based computer design (EP9315)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:23:22
1 On 20:42 Fri 27 Jan , Heath Holcomb wrote:
2 > The specific part is Cirrus Logic EP9315, it's an ARM920T based chip. It has
3 > the SDRAM interface, flash interface (NOR), MAC (not PHY), and an MMU.
4 (SNIP)
5 > Any advice on this chip or any ARM would be nice. I plan on use embedded
6 > Gentoo as the base of our OS. The development board comes with CE 5.0 and
7 > Linux (Debian based). There is a lot of unknowns (how does Linux fit onto
8 > the NOR flash, what about the file system, etc...), so any help would be
9 > appreciated if anyone has done this before.
10 Yeah, it's nice.
11 I'm playing with other EP9315 SBC, too. (a.k.a Armadillo-9)
12 http://armadillo.atmark-techno.com/armadillo-9
13 Unfortunately, it has only Japanese web pages.
14 But, this corporation published by some English PDF specification or so.
15 http://download.atmark-techno.com/armadillo-9/doc/armadillo9_hardware_manual_en-1.0.2.pdf
16 http://download.atmark-techno.com/armadillo-9/doc/armadillo9_software_manual_en-1.0.2.pdf
17
18 BTW, GAO Engineering provides like that SBC.
19 It's in "Enbedded Linux Boards" category in http://www.gaoengineering.com
20
21 And then, as you know,
22 "Unofficial Linux 2.6.x support for Cirrus EP93xx processors homepage" is.
23 http://members.inode.at/m.burian/ep93xx/
24
25 > I'll also be adding a section to the how-to that deals with ARM based devices.
26 It would be nice.
27 I had my EP9315 SBC runs with Gentoo.
28 But now, it has GNU glibc based userland.
29 I'll play to uClibc based Gentoo on it.
30 --
31 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list