From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] reduced X11 - how to?
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 23:13:36
1 Hi, All
2
3 I use Gentoo in a simple machine. Nowadays it uses a hard drive, but
4 I would like to use a small IDE flash drive. I found the embedded
5 Gentoo guide, which resulted in a very low size system, but when I
6 include X, it more than doubles its size.
7
8 How can I make X "thinner"? The system doesn't need a window manager,
9 so I didn't install any. The machine application is the X shell. It
10 uses Python and WxPython.
11
12 Thanks
13 Francisco
16 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
17 you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
18 I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
19 two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
20 --
21 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list