From: "Marcos García Martí" <marcos.gm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] ARM crosscompile with crossdev?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 21:25:06
1 hi folks,
2 I have emerged crossdev, and installed everything it asked to run
3 (glibc,gcc,linux-headers,binutils), using latests versions of gcc and
4 glibc.
5
6 The problem I've found is that I don't know how to use them to
7 crosscompile for my Ipaq which runs Familiar Linux. I'd like to
8 crosscompile regular C++ code, and also autoconf based software like
9 glib and others. I can compile a helloworld.c running
10 /usr/arm-unknown-gnu/gcc-bin/gcc, but that's a problem with
11 "configure". If I specify CC env. variable and CXX, configure runs ok,
12 but make fails as LD is invalid: it uses my x86 ld instead of the arm
13 one.
14
15 Anyone have a tip about crosscompiling with a toolchain created with CROSSDEV?
16
17 Thank you a lot
18
19 PD: When I could, I'll try to crosscompile a 2.6 kernel for the Ipaq
20 3600, as it runs only a 2.4.18, though
23 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list