From: Maksim 'max_posedon' Melnikau <maxposedon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] cell for embedded gentoo
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 19:09:50
1 On Saturday 18 July 2009 11:56:13 wireless wrote:
2 > So on this phone you can install embedded Gentoo, or should I just
3 > stick with OPenmoko and I'm not sure I know the difference.
4 > So via a module, you can use this phone on which cellular provider
5 > here in the US?
6 > ...
7 > So, what I ask for, a 'dev kit' that runs embedded gentoo, openmoko
8 > or some hackable form of linux does not yet exist in an
9 > cell phone (arm) package?
10 Yes, you can use Gentoo, see http://gentoo.mindzoo.de , there info about
11 gentoo overlay for different telephone software.
12
13 Sorry, I don't fully understand, what are you afraid of. Neo Freerunner, is
14 like normal small "PC", with GSM module, and open enough, to run any linux
15 distros, any toolkits, and any software which you can compile for arm.