From: Marcel Romijn <MRomijn@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-embedded] Network appliance with sound
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:15:02
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Thierry Carrez [mailto:koon@g.o]
3 > Sent: Tuesday, 30 August, 2005 9:32
4 > To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Network appliance with sound
8 > > However, since I did not have my setup ready for CF, I tested it by
9 > > using gnap_overlay to create an ISO. Booting from the ISO
10 > resulted in
11 > > the following:
12 > >
13 > >>>Mounting squashfs filesystem
14 > > mount: Mounting /newroot/mnt/cdrom/livecd.squash on
15 > /newroot/mnt/livecd
16 > > failed: No such device
17 >
18 > Maybe your kernel lacks squashfs support ?
19
20 That might be the case...
21 Maybe instead of using my own kernel configuration, I should take it the
22 other way around: start off with the kernel sources and kernel
23 configuration that GNAP uses and add ALSA and my sound interface.
24
25 Can you give me a pointer to where the GNAP kernel configuration is?
26
27 I used the gentoo kernel sources... Are they the same as the sources
28 used for the GNAP kernel?
32 > The "ebuild" command is your friend. For example :
33 >
34 > ebuild /usr/portage/app-whatever/whatever-2.0.ebuild install
35 >
36 > will unpack, compile, and prepare installation for whatever-2.0. The
37 > image containing all the files will be located in :
38 >
39 > /var/tmp/portage/whatever-2.0/install
40
41 That looks very interesting...!
42
43 Marcel Romijn