From: Dominique Broeglin <broeglin@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP and DOM
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:16:09
1 Le vendredi 15 juillet 2005 à 11:14 -0500, Robin Bonin a écrit :
2 > What version did you use?
3 > I'm using 2.13
4 >
5 > what exactly does syslinux do? anything I can do manually
8 The version I use is SYSLINUX 1.76 2002-08-27
9
10 Syslinux is a bootloader like LILO or GRUB. It's purpose is to boot the
11 system, find the linux kernel and launch it. It's a light and
12 specifically designed for FAT file systems. When you execute
13 syslinux /dev/hdx
14 the device is prepared to launch syslinux at boot time. If you want to
15 do it manually you have to execute that command. Remember that syslinux
16 uses the file syslinux.cfg (at the root of the msdos partition) as a
17 boot time configuration.
18
19 Sorry, I don't know more about it and I never quite diagnosed the issue
20 with it and my soekris. But I had the same issue with LEAF Bering.
21 Alternatively, you can try it's "-s" option.
24 Dominique Broeglin
27 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list