From: Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] gcc-4.6 / bionic
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 21:05:36
1 Has anyone on the list started experimenting with building a bionic
2 libc cross-toolchain yet with gcc-4.6 [1]?
3
4 ... seems fairly interesting.
5
6 I just finished a small project that put together a fairly minimal
7 bionic rootfs with nothing but the libc, libstdc++, libm, jamvm,
8 gnu-classpath, dropbear, & busybox. I was surprised at how well things
9 actually worked (both arm and x86_64).
10
11 Surely there will continue to be some regressions. For example, bionic
12 traps SIGUSR1 for debugging purposes - so any other binary that uses
13 that for signalling will need to change it to SIGUSR2. Patching the
14 build system was fairly straight forward.
15
16 I think doing a cross-toolchain with crossdev might even be do-able...
17 just apply a couple of patches to android's build/ tree, build libc,
18 libm, libstdc++.
19
20 It would be freaking sweet to just be able to 'emerge' libraries for
21 Android instead of going through the often painful process of
22 retooling it for Android.mk. It would an accomplishment to bootstrap
23 gcc, that's for sure.
24
25 armv7a-neon-linux-bionic-emerge world
26
27 ;-)
28
29 Cheers,