From: Joshua ChaitinPollak <jpollak@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] x86 SBC Gentoo Embedded HotTo version 0.07
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:32:16
1 On Aug 7, 2005, at 10:16 PM, Heath Holcomb wrote:
2
3 > Version 0.07
4 > Please add, delete, modify. Thanks!
5
6 Hello, I got as far as below without problems:
7
8 > # Emerge uclibc into the embedded_rootfs.
9 > # Use the -K option because we don't get the extra files created by
10 > the
11 > # build/emerge process into our embedded rootfs which needs to be as
12 > # small as possible.
13 > ROOT=/embedded_rootfs emerge -K uclibc
14
15 This didn't work out of the box, the binary package wasn't available.
16 I'm new to using binaries with gentoo, so I could be wrong, but this
17 is the process I'm following:
18
19 emerge -B uclibc
20 ROOT=/embedded_rootfs emerge -K uclibc
21
22 Assuming this works, I'll repeat for busybox.
23
24 Looking forward to future updates to the howto.
27 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list