From: Joshua ChaitinPollak <jpollak@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] x86 SBC Gentoo Embedded HotTo version 0.07
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:32:16
On Aug 7, 2005, at 10:16 PM, Heath Holcomb wrote:

> Version 0.07 > Please add, delete, modify. Thanks!
Hello, I got as far as below without problems:
> # Emerge uclibc into the embedded_rootfs. > # Use the -K option because we don't get the extra files created by > the > # build/emerge process into our embedded rootfs which needs to be as > # small as possible. > ROOT=/embedded_rootfs emerge -K uclibc
This didn't work out of the box, the binary package wasn't available. I'm new to using binaries with gentoo, so I could be wrong, but this is the process I'm following: emerge -B uclibc ROOT=/embedded_rootfs emerge -K uclibc Assuming this works, I'll repeat for busybox. Looking forward to future updates to the howto. -- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] x86 SBC Gentoo Embedded HotTo version 0.07 Pierre Cassimans <kammicazze@×××××××.com>