From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Mixed arch chroot to optimise building in qemu
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 22:35:50
1 Hi Ed,
2
3 Ed W wrote:
4 > I am building a bunch of armv7a images on an AMD Ryzen9 machine (amd64).
5 > So to keep things simple I have just been doing the whole thing using
6 > qemu up until now
7
8 ..
9
10 > Now, I have a cross compiler built,
11
12 Did you build it with crossdev?
15 > but a) that's not static, so I
16 > would need to find a way to get native libc into the chroot, and b)
17 > I'm not clear how I would call it inside the chroot, could I just
18 > move a symlink to the other compiler into the path?
19 > How does it find things like libgcc*.so etc?
20 >
21 > Or perhaps this is easier than this?
22
23 If you used crossdev to build e.g. a armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi
24 toolchain then look in /usr/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/ where
25 there should be the beginning of a root.
26
27 I've built armv7a images using the armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-emerge
28 command installed by crossdev with the toolchain after setting up
29 etc/portage/ in that root as needed.
30
31 That cross emerge cross compiles. :)
34 > Any thoughts?
35
36 Unfortunately for me, this doesn't integrate with catalyst at all.
39 After emerging the packages you want you may want a script to
40 selectively create the final image.
43 //Peter