From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Eclipse and Embedded Development
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:57:15
1 Hello,
2
3 Here is another RTOS vendor that is actively supporting their
4 tool/RTOS via Eclipse (enjoy):
5 http://www.embedded.com/products/softwaretools/201800936?_requestid=170465
8 I wonder what the appeal is for Eclipse? I'm not really sure, but
9 vendors seem to be coming out of the woodwork to support many
10 forms of embedded development, via Eclipse. Eclipse Europa, is
11 receiving lots of hype concerning embedded development, again, I'm not
12 really sure why this convergence is occurring in the vendor space
13 of embedded development.
16 Like many on this list, I tend to use
17 a wide variety of CLI methodologies. However, when I work with
18 MS pc_weenies they are use to a robust IDE and they are willing to
19 migrate to embedded linux, but they insist on an IDE.
22 Naturally, I'm torn between these issues......
26 James
29 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list