From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: aeriksson@××××××××.fm
Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>, gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] stage1-uclibc build error
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:28:41
1 On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 08:43, aeriksson@××××××××.fm wrote:
2 > > On Monday 02 August 2004 07:52 am, aeriksson@××××××××.fm wrote:
3 > > > Are all stages supposed to be "emerge -e" able, or
4 > > > are they sort of forced together using other means?
5
6 That might actually work if you had USE="-* build bootstrap uclibc" set
7 from a stage1, thats how the catalyst does it and it's supposed to be
8 done.
11 > > other means ...
12 > > stage1 -> stage2 is done via bootstrap script
13 >
14 > That one doesn't work. Is that known? I could regenerate the log if
15 > needed.
16
17 It works if you use the correct bootstrap script.
18 In this case you have to use bootstrap-cascade.sh
22 > > stage2 -> stage3 is done via `emerge system`
23 >
24 > Knew about this one. I should have formulated my question better.
25 > 'emerge system' and 'emerge -e system' doesn't not generate the same
26 > chain of events. In the latter case everything is rebuild from the
27 > ground up (does that include uclibc? remember something about glibc
28 > being excluded from the rebuild...), while in the former stuff that's
29 > already in there are not rebuilt and used as stepping stones for the
30 > builds. I guess -e _should_ work, I'm just curious if they do work
31 > already or if there are some hacks in there...
32 >
33 > /A
36 > > > I noticed that
37 > > > perl does trigger a dependency on automake, causing a dependency loop.
38
39 Age old question here. What came first the chicken or the egg?
42 > > there's a bug open about that
43 > > -mike
44 > >
45 > > --
46 > > gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list
51 > --
52 > gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list
53 --
54 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
55 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer