From: Heath Holcomb <liquidcable@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] new ARM920T based computer design (EP9315)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 02:49:54
I'm a hardware engineer (BS in Electronics Engineering, Texas A&M) and I did
the x86 how-to for embedded gentoo.  I've got a new project at my work, to
design a ARM based SBC (single board computer) for our main product.  I'll
actually be doing the schematic entry and PCB layout.

The specific part is Cirrus Logic EP9315, it's an ARM920T based chip.  It has
the SDRAM interface, flash interface (NOR), MAC (not PHY), and an MMU.

Any advice on this chip or any ARM would be nice.  I plan on use embedded
Gentoo as the base of our OS.  The development board comes with CE 5.0 and
Linux (Debian based).  There is a lot of unknowns (how does Linux fit onto
the NOR flash, what about the file system, etc...), so any help would be
appreciated if anyone has done this before.

I'll also be adding a section to the how-to that deals with ARM based devices.

heath holcomb
liquidcable at
gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list