From: Matthijs Kooijman <matthijs@×××××.nl>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] baselayout-lite emerge failure
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 09:32:35
1 Hey,
4 > baselayout-lite will probably be obsoleted very soon in favor of
5 > baselayout-2 (aka openrc). A project developed with busybox,mdev etc in
6 > mind. I highly suggest you explore that route vs -lite.
7 That's also what I did. I've attached my notes on what I did. In particular,
8 I've noted everything (I hope anyway) I did on the embedded rootfs. That
9 doesn't include emerging/compiling the packages in the development rootfs.
10 Also, I have only included end results, not experiments with different
11 versions of packages and patches etc.
12
13 I've also included my overlay directory. You'll have to unmask some of those
14 packages, because I generally used ~x86 versions for overlays. The contents of
15 the tgz should go into /usr/local/, and you should add a
16 PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage" to your make.conf.
17
18 Most of the patches in the overlays have already been reported to
19 bugs.gentoo.org or upstream.
20
21 Gr.
22