From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Goran Kavrecic <gorank@×××××.si>
Cc: Gentoo Embedded <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Multiplatform compile
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:28:32
On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 05:06, Goran Kavrecic wrote:
> I compiled the 'crossdev-0.3' for i585, there is a structure in > /home/crossdev/i585. What now? > > What is the procesure to: > - compile a kernel and basic tools to run on such system > - move it to the CompactFlash(/dev/sda1) where it will run on later on > another machine(/dev/hdc1)
Well for the compiling at least, you just have to put the compiler in the path: export PATH="/opt/crossdev/ppc/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/bin:${PATH}" is what I do to run the PPC cross compiler on my x86. So do something like that, and then you just have to do is add ARCH=i386 when you do make menuconfig, etc. I haven't tried compiling a kernel with the cross compiler; perhaps kumba will correct me on this. -- Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o> Developer, Hardened Gentoo Linux Embedded Gentoo Linux Public Key: Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] Multiplatform compile Kumba <kumba@g.o>