From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] gcc-4.6 / bionic
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 16:05:15
1 On 04/06/11 10:52, Christopher Friedt wrote:
2 > Also... an important couple of features:
3 >
4 > TLS works on certain hardware (e.g. with hardware supported tls, like
5 > armv7a), but not on all architectures, like in GNU [1], [2]. It's
6 > probably better to blanket-disable this for now via a portage profile
7 > variable.
8
9 TLS is very cool....
10 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN
11 ;-)
14 > SMP does not currently work OOTB. There are some patches floating
15 > around[3], with issues that mainly lie outside of bionic, but I the
16 > 'official' SMP code will be available whenever Honeycomb is
17 > released[4] ... which is of course whenever Google decides to do
18 > release Honeycomb.
19 >
20 > C
21 >
22 > [1] http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3.1/gcc/Thread-Local.html#Thread-Local
23 > [2] http://www.akkadia.org/drepper/tls.pdf
24 > [3] http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/browse_thread/thread/de20f1b10703acc2
25 > [4] http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-3.0-highlights.html#multicore
26
27 Thanks for all the wonderful links and information.
28 I'm too busy. You build some of this on a PANDA
29 board, drop me a line and I'll burn images and test
30 for you. ebtables and iptables in the image, would be
31 keen! My Panda is loanly just sitting in a box....
32 :-(
35 James