From: jwsacksteder@××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] status of project
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 09:35:26
1 I have been unable to locate a page describing the current status of the
2 embedded project. If someone can point me to that, my questions may
3 unnecessary.
4
5 I have two projects revolving around "small pc" platforms. This will involve
6 super-cheap 486's or pc/104 boards. Regardless, the hardware will not be
7 particularly exotic.
8
9 1. print servers: I need to get a working Linux installation with CUPS down
10 into 64 Mb or so.
11
12 2. Data collection: Scripted python data collection from parallel port.
13 Similar footprint - 64 Mb.
14
15 I would prefer that these units be as similar to my other Gentoo servers as
16 possible. I can't get a standard install down to that size without
17 non-trivial changes. Would Gentoo-embedded make it possible to
18 programmatically create images to fill these two roles?
21 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list