From: jwsacksteder@××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-embedded@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] status of project
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 09:35:26
I have been unable to locate a page describing the current status of the
embedded project. If someone can  point me to that, my questions may

I have two projects revolving around "small pc" platforms. This will involve
super-cheap 486's or pc/104 boards. Regardless, the hardware will not be
particularly exotic.

1. print servers: I need to get a working Linux installation with CUPS down
into 64 Mb or so.

2. Data collection: Scripted python data collection from parallel port.
Similar footprint - 64 Mb.

I would prefer that these units be as similar to my other Gentoo servers as
possible. I can't get a standard install down to that size without
non-trivial changes. Would Gentoo-embedded make it possible to
programmatically create images to fill these two roles?