From: Joshua ChaitinPollak <jpollak@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] FAQ / How To?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:16:58
1 This is what I use:
2
3 http://www.bulah.com/embeddedgentoo.html
4
5 My installation is 6 mb, since I'm installing into 32 mb, I haven't
6 tried too hard to pair it down. I'm installing on Soekris net4526
7 boards. Keep in mind there are somethings you can do after you build
8 you filesystem with Gentoo to make the install even smaller:
9
10 Remove /usr/include
11 Remove all .keep files
12 Audit the rest of the file system for unnecessary files, expecially /
13 etc and /var
14
15 I have a series of scripts I've written to automate the process
16 described in the above howto, and I would like to publish them
17 shortly, but please don't hold your breath. :)
18
19 -Josh
20