From: Bryan Duff <duff0097@×××.edu>
To: Embedded Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>, Gentoo Development Mail List <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Re: [gentoo-dev] Dropping arm?
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:58:56
1 On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 08:20, Michael Imhof wrote:
2 > Hi Sven,
3 >
4 > Sven Blumenstein wrote:
5 > > Hi all,
6 > > I just want to throw in this question:
7 > >
8 > > Should we drop the arm arch?
9 > >
10 > > Just to summarize some facts why this question goes through my head:
11 > >
12 > > - afaik we have no arm developer as they all went to zynot
13 > > - a great amount of DEPEND.bad archs are caused by [~]arm keyworded
14 > > packages
15 > > - is anyone actually using Gentoo on arm?
16 > What about this gentoo for zaurus anouncement?
17 Yeah, these guys:
18
19 http://www.opensistemas.com/Gentoo_for_Zaurus.715.0.html
20
21 This is exactly what I personally have been wanting for gentoo and
22 handhelds.
23 > Wouldn't this be gentoo on arm?
24 Yes it would be. This would also include a number of Hp Ipaq's too.
28 > Regards
29 > Michael
32 > --
33 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
34 >
35 Bryan Duff
36 duff0097@×××.edu
37 You have to run as fast as you can just to stay where you are. If you
38 want to get anywhere, you'll have to run much faster. -- Lewis Carroll
42 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list