From: Christopher Friedt <cfriedt@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] EABI, softfloat, etc...
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 23:49:27
1 Arturo Garcia wrote:
2 > Okey dokey.... So... for my hx4700 (ARM PXA270) I would say:
3 >
4 > (glibc/uclibc*) - uclibc sounds small (which I like).
5 > arm_eabi - Because we're nice guys.
6 > softfloat - because we love challenges.
7
8 The arm eabi isn't playing very friendly with uclibc as of late. It's
9 still very much in development, according to Mike. There is some chaos
10 still with threading if I remember correctly (that was about a month ago?).
11
12 For now, you'd be better to choose the eabi with glibc or the 'old' abi
13 with uclibc (or the old abi with glibc, because that works as well of
14 course).
15
16 ~/Chris
17 --