From: Natanael Copa <mlists@××××××.org>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] uclibc don't compile with USE="hardened"
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:25:20
1 On 10 Aug 2004 16:46:32 -0400
2 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I've run into this when using spanky's stages.
5 > Oddly enough it does not happen for me when I started with the
6 > initial hardened stage1 from Peter, nor any time I remerge uclibc and
7 > I use the hardened exclusively. Anyway chances of a user getting
8 > his/her userland correct when using a non hardened-uclibc stage are
9 > probably slim, unless your willing to recompile everything a few
10 > times. The default method in the future will be to start from a
11 > hardened-uclibc stage.
12
13 To be honest, I dont *really* know what the hardened USE flag does. I
14 tried to find some docs on that but could not find anything really.
15
16 I'm testing out uClibs gentoo as a framework or build environment for
17 building a bering (http://leaf.sf.net) like cdrom. (you boot a kernel
18 and provide a list of runtime packages that are extracted into ram and
19 then you run) Now I use gentoo (glibc) on my dektop and runs a chrooted
20 uclibc gentoo therein. Will I need to run a hardened kernel to be able
21 to build my cd?
22
23 > Anyway if you want a binary pkgs of a hardened uclibc toolchain I can
24 > post them for you. From then on you should be able to recompile your
25 > world correctly.
26
27 That would be nice.
28
29 > Oh and let me know when you have a patch that fixes this.
30
31 s/when/if/ :)
32
33 I guess I have to start with finding out what the hardened USE flag
34 really does... any links to start with? I'll do some investigation
35 tomorrow morning.
38 Natanael Copa
41 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list