From: shawnzier@×××××.com
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] openmoko overlay?
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:47:24
1 On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 10:44:28PM +0200, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C2ngelo_Miguel_Arrifano_ wrote:
2 > On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:02:52 -0400
3 > Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Is anyone else on this list contributing to the openmoko codebase? Does
6 > > anyone else have a FIC handheld?
7 > >
8 > > I just got a freerunner a couple of days ago and threw om2008.8 on it.
9 > > The QT interface is pretty nice and I'd like to start contributing some
10 > > code, but I'd rather use Gentoo's build system instead of the OE build
11 > > system.
12 > >
13 > > Is anyone aware of an existing overlay ?
14 > >
15 > > Cheers,
16 > >
17 > > Chris
20 > Hello,
21 >
22 > Me and Ned Ludd are working on a embedded overlay mostly for PDAs.
23 > The overlay is located here:
24 > http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/embedded/linwizard/overlay/
25 > The overlay includes some fixed ebuilds for cross-compiling base
26 > dependencies. There is also a GPE tree there that should be emergeable.
27 > More recently, we started to work on openmoko ebuilds. It's not finished
28 > yet.
29 >
30 > We also provide binary packages for ARMV5TE-JL here:
31 > http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/embedded/linwizard/
32 >
33 > I don't own a freerunner, but I can't test most of it on my HTC wizard.
34 >
35 I have one and would be happy to test. Thanks for the work on this.