From: elmar bucher <elmbeech@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Best (US) carrier for eGentoo on Cell ?
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 23:06:49
Hi James,

Well neo freerunner is maybe relative an old phone. Here in Europe I i
got it whit debug board (but whit out microSD card) about two month
ago form (Really pleasant store!)

I just purchase it because of the spirit. Because I like to learn
about phones, stacks, and own the hardware. Why should I buy closed
hardware if there is free one around? My decision was to support the
manufacturers who support free technologies.
In the long run I would like to use this as my daily phone.

I was happy to find a gentoo distro on the openmoko wiki page:
No experience if there is an other phone where you can install eGentoo to it.
maybe nexus-s or android-dev? I just googled a bit around:

No idea about the network access in the US.

So much about my thoughts.
Best Wishes, Elmar

On 15 June 2011 22:24, wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
> Hello, > > I just looked here: > [1] > > I have not kept up with the latest offerings that > purport to allow users control (embedded Gentoo) > over the operating system on their cell phones. > > So what is the best phone/network-access to purchase ? > > Previously it was T-mobile (here in the US) but > with their pending merger with ATT and LTE looming, > maybe we should wait on full LTE compliance? > > Any discussion is most welcome. This inquiry is > motivated by the recent thread about Openmoko and Gentoo. > > > [2] > > [3] >–-4g-lte-mobile-from-verizon-to-hit-the-us-market-by-march-17/ > > [4] > > > [5] > > [6] > > Lots of noise, causes me to ask this pedestrian question > on this list: Which phone and which network are best > if your primary issue is using eGentoo on the phone? > > > James > >
-- Using Gmail? Please read this important notice: