From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@××××××××.com>
Cc: Embedded Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-embedded@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] new to gentoo-embedded
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:50:29
1 On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 20:38, Kumar Gala wrote:
2 > I'm interested in learning more about what the plans are for
3 > gentoo-embedded. I've been looking for an archive of the mailing list
4 > on the web to find out more but could not find one so decided to
5 > subscribe.
6 >
7 > I'm specifically interested in targeting PPC base systems.
8
9 Well we are still in the early stages, as we're working on our
10 toolchain, and other building issues. Previously it was hard to find
11 the project page because it wasn't listed in the project page. Now that
12 the base-system project (of which embedded is a subproject) has a
13 project page, our project will finally show up in the project listings.
14 This should happen in the next couple hours hopefully. In the mean
15 time, the project page is:
16
17 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/index.xml
18
19 We really aren't focusing on any specific systems until we have the base
20 toolchain, baselayout, etc ready.
23 Chris PeBenito
24 <pebenito@g.o>
25 Developer,
26 Hardened Gentoo Linux
27 Embedded Gentoo Linux
28
29 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
30 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243