From: Yoichi Yuasa <yoichi_yuasa@×××××××××××.jp>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: yoichi_yuasa@×××××××××××.jp, nicholas.thompson1@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Gentoo on handhelds / workpad z50
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 00:36:01
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:16:10 -0500
4 nick thompson <nicholas.thompson1@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > Vladimir Pouzanov wrote:
7 > > Hi all,
8 > >
9 > > I'm working on linux port to Palm Tungsten T3 (arm-le) handheld.
10 > > Development tasks slowly move from kernel-space to user-space so now
11 > > I'm interested in some base distribution/packaging system for the
12 > > handheld.
13 > >
14 > > I'm choosing from gentoo-embedded, CRUX and OpenEmbedded. OE is
15 > > targeted for handhelds but it has absolutely weird build system
16 > > (however it is similar to portage... sometimes). CRUX is optimized for
17 > > i686 and has no pre-requisites for cross-compilation but packages are
18 > > rather easily compiled inside scratchbox environment. Gentoo... I
19 > > haven't tried gentoo yet, but I'm doing to do so.
20 > >
21 > > I want to know the current status of gentoo-embedded. Can I build a
22 > > working rootfs based on uclibc using emerge?
23 > >
24 > I am interested in seeing a gentoo port to the IBM workpad z50. I
25 > currently run netbsd on it, and have been going around and trying to see
26 > what became of the linux-vr that some had working on the z50 ~2000.
27
28 z50 kernel is maintained on linux-mips.org .
29
30 Yoichi
31 --
32 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list