From: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
To: david@×××××××××.com
Cc: AJ Armstrong <aja@g.o>, Embedded Gentoo Mail List <gentoo-embedded@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] base-layout lite
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 12:09:11
1 On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 15:10, david@×××××××××.com wrote:
2 > On a side note... we must take into consideration that embedded
3 > systems shells are going to have different levels of funcitonality...
4 > busybox has three shells built in, each with different sets of
5 > commands although I believe ash is the only one with real scripting
6 > capabilities, we should figure out if we should cater to the 'lowest
7 > common denomicator' shell...
8
9 This is a very good point, I hadn't thought of. Fortunately the scripts
10 should be very simple. Doing a symlink [ -> test is a good one to
11 remember, iirc.
14 Chris PeBenito
15 <pebenito@g.o>
16 Developer,
17 Hardened Gentoo Linux
18 Embedded Gentoo Linux
19
20 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
21 Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243