From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] glibc fails in upgrade
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 22:51:35
1 On 1/10/17 4:49 PM, Herminio Hernandez, Jr. wrote:
2 > I just ran emerge -avuND @world my RPI3 and my build crashed when it tried
3 > to merge glibc with this error "structure needs cleaning".I found some
4 > instructions on how to fix it *here
5 > <https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxquestions/comments/4b47r2/has_anyone_ever_gotten_structure_needs_cleaning/>*.
6 > However, when I got to the part where I needed to fsck I received an error
7 > that the filesystem is mounted. Do I need to turn off the pi and place the
8 > SD card on my laptop to fix?
9 >
10 > Thanks
11 > Herminio
14 1. The error has nothing to do with the glibc upgrade.
15
16 2. You can't run fsck on a mounted filesystem. You can force an fsck on
17 reboot with ` touch /forcefsck` but its probably safer to do it via your
18 laptop as you can control just how you run fsck.
21 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
22 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
23 E-Mail : basile@××××××××××.net
24 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
25 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA