From: Gerhardt Lachnitt <glachnitt@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Gnap appliance overlay help
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:54:12
I am attempting to create a gnap with a custom overlay.  Following the
Gentoo Network Appliance (GNAP) User Guide, I created my overlay
directory and then executed the command:

gnap_overlay -i myfirewall.iso -o myoverlay/

This successfully creates an iso.  I don't have a burner in my Gentoo
machine so I transfer the iso to a Windows box and burn it.  The
resulting disc boots up just fine.  However, when I log into it, the
files I put in my overlay don't appear on the disk.  There is an
overlay.tgz archive in the cd's root folder that contains my overlay
directory, but it doesn't appear to be applied anywhere.

It is my understanding that the overlay files should be merged into the
disk's resulting file system.  Do I misunderstand their purpose, or have
I missed a step somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

File name MIME type
Gerhardt Lachnitt.vcf text/x-vcard