From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] emerge ROOT question
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 06:58:28
1 On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 15:07 -0400, Chris Bare wrote:
2 > When I specify ROOT before the emerge, it doesn't install any dependencies.
3 > Why is this?
4
5 When using the ROOT= variable emerge follows the RDEPEND's if you don't
6 have the DEPEND's installed on the host / system. If they are not
7 installed on the host / system then the direct DEPEND's will be
8 installed to $ROOT. This is the expected behavior.
9
10 > Is there some other flag I can give it to make it install dependencies?
11
12 I find myself using ROOT=/somedir emerge -pvKe system when I need
13 a full seed stage. you may also want to maybe check out the
14 --deep/-D option.
17 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
18 Gentoo Linux
21 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list