From: esa <esa@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] [embedded] first step in programming geode target
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 05:11:48
1 Dear peter,
2
3 Thanks for your reply.
4 You are right. There is a lot of documentations to read and that's what I do
5 ;-).
6 I already make a little linux for my board by following the gentoo embedded
7 manual.
8 On my target, there is busybox and uclibc installed.
9
10 Now, I look for a IDE for programming.
11 I found that Eclipse is frequently used to develop for embeded device.
12 So, I install it ( on windows first . Only to learn how it work ).
13 Again, you are right, it's best to program directly by using a little
14 editor, make, makefile, etc...
15 I will also try to use my one makefile...
16
17 Thanks for the idea about using coreboot. I will try it, but for the
18 future...
19
20 Best regards
23 Sent from the gentoo-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.