From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] busybox config with openrc
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:32:06
1 On 28/07/2011 07:57, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:36, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
4 >>> Of course you need to hack the init configuration, as baselayout won't
5 >>> work with busybox's init
6 >>
7 >> i'm not sure i follow. there's no reason that i know of that you cant
8 >> configure busybox's init to work fine with openrc. openrc itself
9 >> doesnt require sysvinit ... just *some* init to execute its soft
10 >> runlevels.
11 >> -mike
12 >
13 > Right.
14 > So as far as I know you cannot install baselayout, and need to write
15 > your own busybox format inittab.
16 > But I may be wrong.
17
18 I'm using Baselayout2 + OpenRc + Uclibc (latest) here with no special
19 support required.
20
21 I am currently using udev, but if you examine the Alpine distribution
22 you can find a great example on a fully featured mdev installation
23
24 I build my basic image using something like:
25
26 export ROOT=/some/tmp/dir
27 export EMERGE_FLAGS="-vk --newuse --quiet-build"
28
29 emerge ${EMERGE_FLAGS} baselayout || die "emerge failed"
30 emerge -t ${EMERGE_FLAGS} uclibc busybox e2fsprogs udev || die
31 "emerge failed"
32
33 A few tweaks on that and you have a bootable image...
36 Note you want a fairly recent busybox because I made a few feature
37 requests to support some of the less common command line options, which
38 of course openrc loves to use...
39
40 Good luck
41