From: "Stanisław Raczyński" <sraczynski@××.pl>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Building Crosscompiler for Embedded System
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 16:29:21
You might want to read a small howto I've created as documentation to my
group project at a university
sections 2, 3 and appendices. Perhaps it will give you some ideas.
Beware though, it is incomplete and a bit chaotic.

Best wishes,
Stanislaw Raczynski

Lutz Schönemann wrote:

> Hi, > I've problems building an working Cross-Compiler to use it for an i386 > embedded system. Until now I've tried the following two things: > > - Using crossdev: > The crossdev script worked fine and installed the whole toolchain > (stage4: binutils, gcc, linux-headers, etc.). The trouble is that when > I want to merge a packege with this compiler (e.g.: > CFLAGS="-arch=i386" ROOT=/tmp/cross/ CHOST=i386-unknown-linux-gnu > emerge sys-boot/syslinux) it ends up with the message that the > compiler is unable to build executables. > > - Building toolchain manually: > I tried to build a crosscompile-toolchain manually following this HOWTO: > > I have done every step and no errors until step 5. The merge process > terminated with this message: > > grep: ${top_srcdir}/../gcc/version.c: No such file or directory > /usr/i386-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file > or directory > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status > configure: error: unknown endianess - sorry > > All the Warnings/Errors I have pasted at: > > > > Thanks for help > > Lutz Schönemann >
-- gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-embedded] Building Crosscompiler for Embedded System Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>