From: "S.Ancelot" <sancelot@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Catalyst building dependencies
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:59:53
1 > On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 04:18:04PM +0200, S.Ancelot wrote:
2 > >
3 > > I tried to look at embedded target creation and I am now thinking that
4 > > embedded target does not work as we expect for an embedded system and is
5 > > not well supported .
6 >
7 > and how do you expect it to work ?
8
9 The main problem at this time is that it creates a system inside ROOT
10 directory , not a chrooted environment like "livecd-stage" does.
11
12 example : unable to build fontconfig in embedded target
13 I want to install fontconfig package , but when building fontconfig ,
14 configure looks for "freetype-config" inside "host" compiling system !!!
15
16 So, my opinion is that it should work like livecd stage1 and 2 :
17 stage1 creates your system packages from a chrooted environment (and
18 fontconfig is installing )
19 stage2 add customised boot / kernel support for embedding the system in the
20 desired target
28 > --
29 > gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list
32 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list