From: Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] GNAP on Alchemy?
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:31:32
1 Janusz Syrytczyk wrote:
2
3 > So is it possible to prepare GNAP for Alchemy? anybody tried to do it before
4 > or am I completely lost (because it is impossible)? Is there any other
5 > appliance based on Alchemy more customizable and cheaper than terminal from
6 > ChipPC?
7
8 One problem is that with GNAP you build on a workstation different from
9 the target system. When everything is x86, Catalyst is happy. When you
10 need some cross-compiling, I'm not sure it will degrade too well. It's
11 certainly possible to do it, but I would go for regular Embedded Gentoo
12 stage building and add GNAP post-configuration magic on it (?)
13
14 > Or - at last - is there any other better platform (other architecture) but
15 > with the same features, performance and size? I would really want to give it
16 > a try.
17 >
18 > Any ideas?
19
20 Probably someone on this list might know an x86-based platform with the
21 characteristics you require ?
22
23 --
24 Koon