From: Petric Frank <pfrank@×××.de>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Cross compiling libperl
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:39:11
1 Hello Mike,
2
3 On Dienstag, 20. November 2007, Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 > On Monday 19 November 2007, Petric Frank wrote:
5 > > On Montag, 19. November 2007, Mike Frysinger wrote:
6 > > > > The problem is that the build process compiles a test program for the
7 > > > > destination platform and afterwards it tries to execute it.
8 > > > > This will never work when cross compiling.
9 > > > >
10 > > > > Are there any workarounds available (patches for the ebuild, etc.) ?
11 > > >
12 > > > only workaround for perl is to get a binary or build it natively
13 > > >
14 > > > i have a work-in-progress patch on wh0rd.org's svn
15 > >
16 > > I've found it. Shall i do a test with it or is it currently too unstable
17 > > ?
18 >
19 > i'm pretty sure the code that is in there is fine, but it's incomplete ...
20 > so unless you feel like hackin on the patch to flesh it out more, dont
21 > bother -mike
22
23 Actually i am patching on different areas. So at the moment i haven't the time
24 to begin another war ...
25
26 Could you leave me a note when you think the patch is ready to be used ?
27
28 regards
29 Petric
30 --