From: Heath H Holcomb <heath@×××××.com>
To: "'gentoo-embedded@g.o'" <gentoo-embedded@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Small X11/xorg? QT Embedded?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 13:56:14
1 Has anyone done a "small" install of xorg for embedded gentoo? Check out this
2 webpage http://heinitz-it.de/projects/qte_vs_x/index.html
3
4 What about QT embedded? From what I understand it uses the framebuffer, so no
5 X is needed. Also, as long as your GUI application is opensource you can use
6 QT Embedded for free (and your other services/programs can be closed source).
7 Right?
8
9 I'm try to switch my company over from DOS/Windows CE/Windows XP Embedded OSs
10 to a embedded Linux. I doing it on my own time, and I'm not on in software
11 part of the company, I'm a hardware engineer (Texas A&M Electronics
12 Engineering). I have the full support of a software engineering, who does
13 our embedded operating systems (he is a Mac and Linux guy, he does the
14 Windows CE builds).
15
16 The majority of the products we ship only have a 32 MB DiskOnChip, and it
17 displays images and text (POS/cash register data). The larger ones (Windows
18 XP Embedded) use a harddrive, so I not worried about a small xorg build
19 there.
22 Heath Holcomb
23 heath at bulah.com
24 www.bulah.com