From: Benjamin Burns <benjamin.burns@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] gumstix anyone?
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:16:29
1 I second the question, as I'm curious as well. However -- I think it
2 might be more appropriate/worthwhile to ask about the buildroot portage
3 package on the gumstix-users mailing list. You can subscribe to it at
4 http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=98784 -- if you don't wish to
5 subscribe (it's a quite busy list) I can pose the question there and
6 forward the response (if any) back to you individually, or to the entire
7 list.
8
9 -Ben
10
11 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
12 > I am getting a couple of Gumstix small computers, and I'm wondering if
13 > there are any Gentoo embedded folks working with them. So far, I've
14 > downloaded their software development tools and, apart from needing
15 > some GCC juggling and a Ruby version conflict, everything seems to be
16 > working. I'll know more once I get the real hardware, though.
17 >
18 > What I found interesting is that the Gumstix "buildroot" environment
19 > contains a package called "portage". Is this a Gentoo Portage as we
20 > know it, or something else called "portage"? These are fascinating
21 > little gizmos -- a 400 MHz XScale CPU, 64 MB of RAM, 16 MB of flash,
22 > two serial ports, a USB port, a bluetooth adapter and a slot for up to
23 > a GB of MMC memory in a box the size of a pack of gum.
26 gentoo-embedded@g.o mailing list