From: chris@××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] crossdev conflict between sys-libs/glibc and cross-arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/glibc?
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 20:04:44
I installed the following toolchain with crossdev:
 arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi
 which installs glibc into /usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/ under the
 name cross-arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/glibc

 I then installed udev, which depends on sys-fs/glibc

 As far as I know sys-fs/glibc is already installed into SYSROOT, except
 with a different name as mentioned above.

 I noted that the two installs of glibc had the same version, so I went
 ahead with the installation anyway. Sure enough portage reported a bunch
 of file collisions.

 I'm guessing that the solution is to move SYSROOT into another
 directory. I think I've seen how to do this in some documentation, but I
 can't find it anymore. Would setting SYSROOT to another directory
 separate the two glibc installs? I was also wondering if it was possible
 to ask portage to install packages and build filesystem in directories
 owned by users. The advantage of which is to let users create their own
 filesystems in more a of a sandbox environment.

 Thanks,
 Chris