From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] splash help
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 07:15:26
1 On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 07:01 +0000, Gareth McClean wrote:
2 > I'm stuck and I don't see what I am doing wrong.
3 >
4 > I want a splash screen, so I emerged splash and the 'gentoo' theme. I configured a kernel and used genkernel to perform the build for me.
5 >
6 > I triple checked the kernel has the right framebuffer options, initrd contains the requested theme and I am passing the parameters suggested by genkernel using grub.conf. Yet all that happens is the display changes to a higher resolution mode, but no logo, just normal boot messages.
7 >
8 > A livecd does show a boot logo, so I know vesa modes are supported by the h/w platform.
11 > Now I have read that two files 'splash_helper' and 'fbcondecor_helper' maybe required in /sbin on the target system - can any one confirm if this is true?
12 >
13 > If so I have another problem since 'splash_helper' does not exist anywhere on my build system (only a splash_functions). This is why I just did not tried copying the files.
16 > Anyone have any thoughts?
20 > G.
21 >
22 > PS, everything is built from the current portage tree as of about two days ago.
25 Please don't hijack other peoples threads for reporting errors about
26 what appears has nothing to do with embedded.
29 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o mailing list