From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] build / test / target ... embedded system ...
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 22:35:19
1 Marcus Priesch wrote:
2 > i know catalyst is out there, but i doubt it is flexible enough ...
3 > but i would be fine off if you could teach me different ...
4
5 I like catalyst and use stage4 for all targets.
6
7 The nice thing about catalyst is 1. it's automated and 2. you can
8 pick and choose at which files you want to delete.
11 > i also thought about building bin-pkgs and distributing them on the
12 > targets ...
13
14 I'd like this too. In practice, catalyst uses tbz2s behind the
15 scenes, so everything doesn't have to be rebuilt every time.
16
17 > is it possible to kepp all the .h and doc stuff out of a bin-pkg ?!?!
18
19 Right, this is a good question, catalyst just makes tbz2s of the
20 normal packages and applies cleanup stuff at the end, so the tbz2s
21 themselves are not very deployable.
24 //Peter