From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Cc: "Stanisław Raczyński" <sraczynski@××.pl>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Building Crosscompiler for Embedded System
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 05:31:03
1 On Tuesday 07 March 2006 11:27, Stanisław Raczyński wrote:
2 > You might want to read a small howto I've created as documentation to my
3 > group project at a university
4
5 1.1: you dont actually need a Gentoo host ... you could do it all in a chroot
6 using an os that supports linux emulation (or more commonly, another linux
7 distro)
8
9 2: the text explaining crossdev's -t option scrolls off the page for me ...
10 maybe just bum font ... also, small grammar corrections:
11 "though it still haven't" -> "though it still hasn't"
12 "To create full" -> "To create a full"
13
14 3: "packages into target root" -> "packages into the target root"
15 "several variables more" -> "several more variables"
16 "You can tweak" -> "You should tweak" (often host CFLAGS contains invalid
17 -march/-mcpu settings for the target)
18
19 4.3: you should advise people to change CROSS_COMPILE to whatever they set
20 their CHOST to and whatever they passed to crossdev (plus the trailing -)
21
22 5.1.4: the dietlibc example is screwed up
23
24 5.3: if you have people add 'noman nodoc noinfo' to their FEATURES in aemerge,
25 that'll automatically cut out a lot of documentation
26 the staging dir is mentioned as "/opt/arm/stage" when earlier you said it was
27 "/var/tmp/cross/arm"
28
29 hope that helps
30 -mike